Edie Goldberg is the founder of E. L. Goldberg & Associates. She has specialized in talent management and organization effectiveness for over 30 years. She focuses her practice on designing HR systems to attract, engage, develop and retain employees. Dr. Goldberg has:
- Developed structures and strategies to align with the business strategy to ensure the organization has the capabilities needed to achieve its goals
- Created and aligned HR programs to aid in attracting and retaining employees
- Designed and administered assessment processes (including interviewing, testing, 360-assessments, and assessment centers) to select and develop talent to meet the organizations needs
- Created leadership programs designed to identify potential leadership talent and build bench strength for the future; programs included succession planning, leadership assessments, individual coaching, and development programs
- Developed competency models for key strategic positions that are new to the organization and developed competency frameworks to guide organization-wide competency development efforts
- Created performance management and 360-feedback programs to help organizations reach their strategic goals, provide feedback, develop employees, and pay for performance
- Identified competencies and career paths to support a career management system designed to help develop and retain employees
- Designed and facilitated a change in company culture needed to support new business initiatives
Some of Dr. Goldberg’s clients include: Allstate Insurance Company, AstraZeneca, Bechtel Industries, California State Automobile Association, Charles Schwab, Cypress Semiconductor, DBS Bank (Singapore), Fireman’s Fund Insurance, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, Gap Inc., Genentech, LSI Corporation, McKesson Corporation, Merrimack Pharmaceuticals, PG&E Corporation, PMI Group Inc., Shinhan Bank (South Korea), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Southern Wines & Spirits, Star Alliance, Sun Microsystems, Inc., ThyssenKrup Automotive, Vail Resorts, Webcor Builders, and Williams-Sonoma.
Recently, Dr. Goldberg took a leadership role with a consortium of HR leaders to advance the profession of HR and help develop tools to help HR professionals and business leaders adapt to the future of work. Before starting her own company, she worked for Towers Perrin as the Global Thought Leader in Succession Planning, Learning & Development, & Career Management and was the West Region leader for Performance Management. During her last year with Towers Perrin she co-led a company-wide initiative focusing on Talent Management which resulted in groundbreaking research on employee perceptions regarding what attracts and retains them as well as the development of a process to help companies attract, retain, and engage their workforce.
Prior to working for Towers Perrin Dr. Goldberg spent five and a half years as a business unit manager for another management consulting firm that specialized in assessment and development. She also worked for the Navy Personnel Research and Development Center in San Diego where she participated in some of the seminal Total Quality Management research in the U.S.
Dr. Goldberg has published articles and presented at conferences in the areas of the future of work, building management capability, competency modeling, performance management, career management, employee retention, women in the workplace, organization change and total quality management. Her latest book, The Inside Gig: How Sharing Talent Across Boundaries Unleashes Organizational Capacity (Published by LifeTree Media) will be released in Spring, 2020. She earned her Ph.D. in Industrial and Organizational Psychology from the University of Albany, State University of New York, and her B.A. and M.S. from San Diego State University. She is a member of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology. She is the founder of the Bay Area Applied Psychologists, is the past-President and current board member of the HR Strategy Forum, is a member of the SHRM Foundation Board, and is the past Chairperson of HR People+Strategy, a professional association for senior-level, strategic HR leaders and thought leaders in human resource management.
The Future of Work