Mr. Gary B. Kushner SPHR, CBP is the President and CEO of Kushner & Company, an HR strategy and employee benefits consulting and administration firm.
Internationally recognized as an expert in the field, Mr. Kushner is one of the nation’s most sought after speakers on HR strategy and employee benefits. He has advised four U.S. Presidents on health care and has testified before the U.S. Senate Finance Committee, the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee and the U.S. House Small Business Committee on employee benefit issues.
A frequent resource to the media, Mr. Kushner contributes to the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, AP, Knight-Ridder, the Kiplinger Washington Newsletter, CNN News, Fortune, MSNBC and Good Morning America among others. Additionally, he serves on the Editorial Review Board of HR Management magazine.
Prior to establishing Kushner & Company in 1982, Mr. Kushner held human resource policy-making positions in both the private and public sectors including the compensation and benefits area. Mr. Kushner’s academic credentials and certifications include: Senior Professional in Human Resources Designation (SPHR), Certified Benefit Professional (CBP), MPA in Personnel from Western Michigan University, BA from Franklin and Marshall College.
Highly respected for his expertise and effectiveness, Mr. Kushner is also a much sought after member of many corporate, professional, not-for-profit and government boards and advisory councils including:
• Board of Directors, Economic Alliance of Michigan (Past Chair)
• Board of Directors, Human Resource Certification Institute (Past Chair)
• Board of Directors, Society for Human Resource Management
• Board of Directors, Small Business Association of Michigan (Past Chair)
• Board of Trustees, National Small Business Association (Past Chair)
• Delegate, 1986 White House Conference on Small Business
• National Advisory Council, U.S. Small Business Administration
• National Chair of Compensation & Benefits, Society for Human Resource Management
• Special Advisor, U.S. Senate’s Committee on Aging
• State Chair, 1995 White House Conference on Small Business
• Vice-Chair, Economic Alliance of Michigan
• Board of Directors, Bronson Health Foundation
• President, Small Business Council of America
ACA and ERISA Compliance: 11 Steps to Avoid (or Survive) a Department of Labor Audit
Optimizing HR Strategy for Organizational Effectiveness Settling the Table for Success
The Changing Name of Work and the Worker: Five Global Trends Impacting HR Strategy